We are searching for a Data Scientist to analyse vast volumes of raw data in order to uncover trends that will help us enhance our business. We will depend on you to provide data products from which we can derive significant business insights.
In this position, you should be extremely analytical with a strong background in analysis, maths, and statistics. Data interpretation requires critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. We also want to show a strong interest in machine learning and research.
Your mission will be to assist our firm in analysing patterns in order to make better judgements.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred