Senior Software Engineer
We looking for a Senior Software Engineer to create and build useful software solutions. You will collaborate with higher management to identify software needs and lead operational and technical initiatives.
You should be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in this capacity. You should be very organised and problem-solving savvy. We’d like to meet you if you have hands-on expertise in software development and agile approaches.
Your aim will be to create high-quality software that is in sync with user demands and corporate objectives.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BSc in Computer Science or a related degree